About Us


Our Story

site image

Colonel John Harrison Doughty opened J.H. Doughty Furniture and Undertakers Company on Main Street in 1892. It was a three story brick building at the corner of North Main Street and Church Street (present location of Andrew Johnson Bank). Funeral customs then were much different from today, embalming, visitation, and often the funeral service itself were all done in the home. 

In the early 1900’s Col. Doughty brought his son, Willis Henry Doughty, Sr., into the family business. After the death of Col. Doughty in 1910, Thomas W. Stevens joined the company as a partner – hence the name Doughty-Stevens. 

In this section

About Us

Our Staff

Why Choose Us

Contact Us

Testimonials

News and Events

Privacy Policy

© 2019 Doughty-Stevens Funeral Home. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS